JERSEY JUNIOR GOLF COMMITTEE
The governing body of amateur golf in the Island is the Jersey Golf Union (JGU), which has a President and committee drawn from representatives of the Island’s golf clubs. A sub-committee of the JGU is appointed to oversee junior golf.
The main responsibilities of the Jersey Junior Golf Committee (JJGC) are to:
- Arrange and run the annual Jersey Junior Golf Festival in July (4 junior open competitions on 4 consecutive days on 4 different courses)
- Arrange and run 6 additional junior open competitions per year
- Stage the Jersey Junior Matchplay Championship
- Arrange the CI Junior matchplay final (Jersey host in alternate years)
- Select and manage the Jersey team for the Junior Inter-insular versus Guernsey (Jersey host in alternate years).
- Manage the Jersey Junior Golf School of Excellence. Currently on hold due to cessation of sponsorship deal.